Engagement session for proposed AEP Mooring Disturbance Standard for recreational docks
Posted on Friday May 15, 2020 at 09:37AM
Alberta Environment and Park’s is in the process of establishing a Disturbance Standard under the Public Lands Administration Regulation (PLAR). The purpose is to better manage the placement of temporary seasonal docks and associated structures on the beds and shores of Crown-owned water bodies that are subject to the Public Lands Act.
The proposed disturbance standard should improve the regulatory oversight over the use of docks, while at the same time streamlining the administrative process for “waterfront holders”, “semi-waterfront holders” and “municipal waterfront holders” by eliminating the requirement to apply for an authorization.
Attached is the following information about the proposed Disturbance Standard:
• An Overview
• Draft Disturbance Standard for Temporary Seasonal Docks for Recreational Purposes
• Fact Sheet on the Draft Disturbance Standard
• Infographic on the proposed personal mooring allowance
We invite you to review the information included, and attend one of the educational webinars with Alberta Environment and Parks staff to review the proposed Disturbance Standard and address the questions provided in the attached overview.
Stakeholder Webinar #1
• Date: Wednesday, May 20
• Start time: 1:30 p.m.
• Registration link: https://goa.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_59w0PlHqTxy2Oloh_yX0wQ
Stakeholder Webinar #2
• Date: Thursday, May 21
• Start time: 9:30 a.m.
• Registration link: https://goa.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dwoFP76jQfqUVifqBtilvw
If you or a representative is unable to attend this webinar, please email Gerry Haekel at AEP.Info-Centre@gov.ab.ca